7 Graphic Design Tips For Businesses
When one says Graphic Design, people often misunderstand it with paintings, making posters, or making a logo for a certain company. But, what actually is graphic design ?
Graphic design mainly focuses on –
- The visual elements – line, color, shape, texture, space and form – typography.
- The principles – contrast, hierarchy, alignment, balance, proximity, repetition, simplicity and function.
Companies hire graphic designers for branding and marketing purposes. A company can get graphic designers Abu Dhabi who work as a freelancer or simply hire them in a designated position in the company. Graphic designers have to keep some points in their minds while doing a project. Here are seven tips to design for businesses –
1.Use Hierarchy for Marketing –
Hierarchy is literally a visual trap for the viewers. The more precise the use of hierarchy, the more viewers notice the details in your advertisement. This is a three stage process to apply them for the marketing of your business –
Black and white are the basic colors to use. Go for higher contrast to lighter contrast. Another option is to choose a grayscale design.
Leverage the use of sizes. Larger something in your advertisement, the more important it will look.
Another great point to note is to choose the typography. Write the main heading in larger fonts, the sub-heading in a smaller font. And, deliver your message.
2.Logo Rules –
The universal rules for making the logo, is that it should be a vector file and must be original yet simple. Other than that –
You have to sell your ideas with logic and reason to them. Your client wants you to be 100% confident and sure about your work and your ability.
The logotype should always compliment the brand’s identity and message.
Showing how your choice of logotype targets a certain group of people and how it will represent the brand is going to add to your conviction and power as a designer.
Studying the competition beforehand will make your design have an edge in the competition and better position in the market.
3.Usage of Grids –
- Using grids in your design will help with certain points discussed below –
- Increase the visual hierarchy.
- Breaking the grids will increase the visual impact, making it more intriguing.
- Grids can be used in any design such as logos, websites, posters and even fonts.
- Make the viewing experience a whole lot easier by arranging everything neatly and in an orderly fashion.
4.Layout Design –
- Layout designs help you to convert the message and present the information in a correct way to the target audience.
- Negative space can be used to separate sections of your design, define certain areas and also allow your design room to breathe.
- Proximity suggests design elements that are linked in some way or have a relationship, should be grouped together.
- Repetition helps the design to have a continual theme or look and feel with things such as a color palette, designs, shapes or graphics.
- To create contrast you can experiment with color, typography, shape and size.
- Don’t ignore any alignment whether it’s a typography, shape, size or anything else.
- Focal points are used on a design to pinpoint the start of views journeys, and is a hotspot to grab attention and lure them into the design itself.
5.Reliability Over Skillfulness –
A client will always choose someone who is average to work but reliable over someone with better talent who does not attend calls and does not reply to the emails quickly.
You have to build a rapport with the client and attend them regularly and as soon as possible. Give the client a picture of what they can expect from you, and certainly have to keep up to that. That’ll make them a loyal customer and they will be appreciating your work.
Contracts are essential and cover you from legal issues and stop you from being ripped off and taken advantage of. Contracts also cover –
- the framework of the project,
- your responsibilities to the client,
- the support you will or will not provide once the project is handed over,
- list of the works you will be doing and the numbers of variations of it
Context can be images, icons, and they have to be linked with the textual context in the advertisement. This will elevate your design to the next level. Having context will help the viewer instantly understand the message you want to deliver.
Graphic designers get employed for Advertising, Creative director, Art Director, Multimedia developer, Content developer, Visual journalist, Interface designer, Web designer, Package designer in a business setup. They have the responsibility of presenting the business to the audience thus, they have to choose the design elements wisely.
Other than the tips discussed above, designers should always listen to the requirements of the client and get a clear idea about the project. Make drafts of the projects, write down the ideas first, then start working on them.
Following the points will not only make your design more unique and appealing and pleasing to the client, but also you’ll get yourself a loyal customer for the future and the most important thing, your work will be appreciated.