What are the health benefits of milk? Milk is amazing for your health and I’m not going to hide that fact. Milk has a ton of nutrients, vitamins, minerals and many other good things in it, which is why we all have it in our diets. But just how exactly does milk help our health? And what are the health benefits of milk?
Milk can have numerous health benefits if consumed on a consistent basis. The health benefits of milk consumption include having healthier teeth and bones. There is no doubt that this drink helps in the development and maintenance of strong bones.
Cow milk has many nutrients, including protein and carbohydrates. More than half of a cup (250 ml) of cow milk contains 245 calories and more than 14 grams of protein. Cow milk also provides 10% of the daily needs for vitamin A, 27% for vitamin B12, 80% for vitamin B2, 45% for vitamin B6, and 30% for calcium.
Milk is a rich source of nutrients and includes vitamins A, D, E and K – all vital for growth in children and bone health in adults. In addition to these, it contains a lot of calcium and protein, the latter being essential for muscle building.
Most of our daily lives are based on milk. We do not usually give it a second thought in our diet, a glass of milk in the morning is most people daily routine. When I was growing up we always had goat and cow’s milk bought from a local dairy farmer, it came fresh once daily and was stored in a fridge.
Milk is a staple of the western diet. Even though it is a reliable source of calcium and vitamin D and contains more protein than many other beverages, its popularity has been declining for decades.
Here are the top 5 benefits of cow milk for your health
- When it comes to skin care, what we eat and drink is just as important as what we put on our faces. Milk is a great food for the skin thanks to its fat-soluble vitamins, particularly vitamin A which helps build healthy skin.
- Milk is known for its calcium content. Modern science has also proven that a glass of warm milk would do you a world of good when at bed time.
- Milk is a very common product for most of us. It is known to be a good source of calcium and protein. Milk also contains phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin as well. Our bones are comprised of calcium phosphate and we need dietary sources of this mineral to keep our bones strong and healthy.
- Milk is something which doesn’t need an introduction; you grow up hearing about its goodness for your body. But do you know that it’s not just good for bone development, it also has other benefits to your heart.
- Not everyone knows that there maybe a way to reduce extra pounds without the help of excessive exercising, crash diets or expensive supplements – it is drinking milk regularly.
- Milk is a popular over-the-counter sleep aid. It contains tryptophan, which is converted in the body into serotonin, and then into melatonin, which helps induce sleep.
- This turmeric milk is also called golden milk because it’s a creamy light-colored beverage. Turmeric is a spice in the ginger family, closely related to cardamom, and is native to southern India. Its use in cooking goes back thousands of years. In traditional Indian and other Asian medicine, the root has been used for many ailments including heart disease, arthritis, and joint pain, as well as liver and skin problems.
- Turmeric milk is a warm and nutritious drink that will put you in a good mood after drinking it. Its taste and benefits are comparable to ginger tea.
- There are many recipes for milk preparations, both hot and cold, which make the best of its nutritional qualities. It is valuable for a variety of reasons. It is a complete food, containing proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and the B vitamins in effective proportions. Milk by itself also supplies calcium and phosphorus, as well as iodine. To these minerals can be added iron in the case of skimmed milk.
- Many fitness gurus recommend getting the whitest, thickest possible milk from grass fed cows which can be brought from online milk delivery providers. Usually skimmed milk is recommended for this purpose, because it has been getting stripped of all flavors and just contains pure nutrients. The more vitamin content every glass of milk has, the better your chances will be to get healthy and strong.