Learn different approaches that you can use to export SQL Server table to SQL File.
Most of the time, users want to export SQL Server table to SQL Script file without any data loss. One of the most emerging queries nowadays is to convert SQL Server database to SQL Scripts. This is a challenging task for end-users, who are not familiar with the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Nevertheless, it will not be more difficult from now onwards as in the upcoming section of this blog, we will going to explain the best possible approaches to export the data efficiently.
So let’s begin!
Know-How to Export SQL Server Table to SQL File
In the subsequent section, we are going to disclose both manual and automated solutions that will let you know how you can export SQL Server data to Script in a hassle-free manner.
Professional Solution to Export SQL Server Table to SQL File (Safe & Secure)
Use SQL Recovery software to Export SQL Server data to SQL Script. It is a safe and secure solution through which you can easily transfer data from corrupted, unhealthy, and damaged database files to SQL Scripts without any hassle. Moreover, this tool has the ability to recover permanently deleted data items of SQL database files and also provide a direct option to export the complete or selective data directly to SQL Compatible Script or .sql file. Additionally, it is compatible with the database created in any version of SQL Server such as 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, and all the below versions also. The interface of the application is very simple and user friendly that even a complete novice or non-tech also operate it without any taking any expert help.
Step by Step Guide to Export Data From SQL Server to SQL File
Step 1. Download, install and launch the tool on your Windows System. Click on Open to load the desired database file (.mdf file) into the software.
Step 2. Choose the Scan mode (Quick or Advance) according to the level of corruption and then select the version of your SQL Database file.
Step 3.After adding the files, preview the complete database and then click on the Export to convert the required database items into SQL Script.
Step 4. Now, the tool provides different Export options, choose the SQL Server Compatible SQL Scripts from the export window.
Step 5. Here, the tool fetches all the database components you can select the desired data which you want to export. Finally, hit the Save button to start the conversion process.
Note: Once the conversion exporting process gets completed go to the exported location and check the files for each object.
Manual Approach – Using SSMS
Follow the below-given steps carefully and export SQL Server data to SQL Script using generate script wizard. But it is important to mention here, this method will work only if the database is in a healthy state :
- Frist of all, lunch SQL Server Management Studio. Search for the desired database and then Right-click on it. Afterward, click on Tasks and then Generate Scripts…
- A Generate and Publish Scripts screen will appear on the user’s screen, click on the Next button.
- Now, Choose Objects Window will appear, choose either Script entire database and all database objects or Select specific database objects option and then press the Next button to proceed further.
- On the Set Scripting Options Wizard, check the radio button corresponding to the Save Scripts to a specific location option and click on Advanced button to configure the additional export options. Then simply press the Next
- On the Summary page preview your selected data you want to export, and then click the Next button.
- At last, press the Finish button to close the Save or Publish Scripts Window.
After highlighting the prominent solutions to export SQL Server table to SQL file. Now, it’s your time to make a decision. We have discussed the free and professional techniques to export SQL Server data to SQL Script. But, the manual way having some limitations as it does works if your database file is corrupted. So, it is highly advised to go with an alternative called SQL recovery software. It can recover corrupted databases without any data loss provide a direct option to export data into SQL scripts.