Yoga has been a part of our lives since time immemorial. In ancient times, yogis and saints used to perform Yoga to establish a connection between their own selves and the universe. Yoga helps to restore peace of mind, and it also offers many potential health benefits.
There are different variations of Yoga that are practised in gyms and studios all across the world. Be it a beginner or a seasoned practitioner; it might be a tricky game to identify the kind of Yoga that suits you the best. This article discusses in detail how one can find the best and the most suitable kind of Yoga.
Know what you want
Before you start practising Yoga, you have to have a clear idea about why you wish to practice Yoga, the benefits you expect to derive from it, and so on. The needs of individuals vary largely. While some people look forward to having sweaty workout sessions, others just want to experience the restorative benefits of Yoga and enjoy it as a spiritual experience. Some people also practise Yoga to correct their posture and relieve back pain. The style of Yoga that you choose for yourself depends largely on the benefits that you wish to derive out of it. Some yoga centres have the provision for 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, which includes consultation sessions to determine individuals’ needs and then assign them the best kind of Yoga.
Different kinds of Yoga and their benefits
Yoga is of different kinds, and every single one of them offers different kinds of benefits. Stated below is a list of some of the most popular yoga styles and the amazing health benefits offered by them:
- Bikram Yoga: – This style of Yoga is usually practised in a humid and sultry environment, mostly in places where the temperature is around 40 degrees. Bikram Yoga consists of 26 different kinds of yoga postures. It is ideal for anyone willing to lose weight. It is so beneficial that only one session can help an individual to burn 600 calories. It goes without saying that this kind of asana is very sweaty. Therefore, it should be performed in clothes that are breathable and light. It is better suited for improving their flexibility, strength and acquiring a toned body. The motive behind carrying out this exercise in hot and humid environments is that it helps to improve breathing and develops the mental focus of an individual.
- Hatha Yoga: – The origin of this Yoga dates back to the 15th century. This Yoga involves slow-paced and relaxed movements, along with meditation. The main purpose of this kind of Yoga is to introduce newbies to the wonderful benefits of the relaxation that comes with yoga and its techniques. Hatha Asana has many modern postures and positions.
- Vinyasa Yoga: – This Yoga is also called Ashtanga Yoga. To perform this Yoga, one can choose humid and sultry environments. This kind of yoga helps to enhance body strength and build a uniform and healthy mass throughout the body. The main reason why people use Vinyasa Yoga as an effective method to build muscle mass is that, through this kind of Yoga, all the muscle groups in the body receive equal attention. This helps to create a uniform balance and gives vent to a continuous movement. A prominent example of this kind of Yoga is Surya Namaskar which is a sequence of yoga asanas that are performed during the dawn. The civilizations of ancient time used this form of asana to worship the Sun God.
- Kundalini Yoga: – This Yoga can be associated with spiritual awakening. This kind of Yoga is also called the Yoga of awareness. It harnesses movement, breath, sound, and meditation for the restoration of mental peace. It also helps to improve the flexibility, strength, and endurance of the body. The benefits of this kind of Yoga are numerous. It helps balance the glands, strengthen the nervous system, purify the blood, and many more. It also helps to increase one’s awareness and train the mind on how to control emotions and react in different situations.
- Anusara Yoga: – This kind of Yoga is relatively new. It helps an individual to focus on his inner self and work on improving it. This is an amalgamation of tantric philosophy and Hatha Yoga. This kind of Yoga helps to increase strength, tones the body muscles, and eases the mind and the body.
Therefore, it can be seen that different kinds of yogas have different kinds of effects on the body and serve different kinds of advantages. If you enrol for a 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, you can consult with an expert, tell him your needs, and he will assign you the kind of Yoga that will yield you the most effective results.
To Sum It Up
However, the types of Yoga are not just confined to these five kinds of Yoga. Yoga is a multidimensional concept. Therefore, speak to an experienced instructor before you choose the kind of Yoga for yourself. Yoga is not just art that can yield physical benefits, but it can be adopted as a way of life. Yoga helps an individual to undergo a complete psychological and physical transformation that can ensure the well-being of an individual in the long run.