Malwarebytes does not open errors can be fixed by using processes like Rename the executable mbam.exe. You can also switch to another user’s account with Use Malwarebytes Chameleon. Start Malwarebytes in safe mode. Reinstall the entire application. Finally, you will need to run Malwarebytes as an administrator.
Malwarebytes antivirus software detects and removes malware on Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android, and other platforms. It has many protection tools. Malwarebytes is unable to open the tool for users, so there were some issues.
Below are a number of ways to fix the problem. Read the entire article to resolve the problem. You will find out what Malwarebytes is at the end. Are Malwarebytes safe to use? What causes it not to open and how to fix it. I will first explain the basics so that you understand the whole thing better.
What is Malwarebytes?
Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM) is also known as Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM). It scans your computer for malicious software and removes it. Both the free and paid versions are available. You can scan for malware and run it manually with the free version, while the paid version allows you to schedule scans and block IP from malicious webs.
To reduce interference from other antimalware programs running on your system, it scans in batches.
Malwarebytes Causes won’t Open
Malwarebytes won’t open, you might be wondering. This could be due to many reasons. These causes can be either random or serious. These reasonable reasons can be used to help you determine what is most likely to solve your problem.
- Malwarebytes may not open due to malware. Malwarebytes may not be able to open or run mbam.exe if your computer is infected. You can fix this by renaming the mbam.exe folder.
- Malwarebytes can’t run if there is a corrupted or invalid user account. You can change to another user account to fix this.
Malwarebytes fixes won’t work
Although I have already mentioned the solutions at the beginning of this article, it is important to fully understand them all and solve your problems.
Rename the executable mbam.exe
Malicious files can often block executables from running or being launched. To fix the problem, you can rename this file.
- To locate the Malwarebytes folder’s installation location, click on the Malwarebytes icon from the desktop.
- Locate the executable file mbam.exe in the Malwarebytes folder.
- Right-click on the file to select the “rename” option.
- Next, rename the file using explorer.exe.
- To check if Malwarebytes is running, run it.
- To scan for viruses, click the “scan” option on the tool’s home screen.
- Malwarebytes may now begin the process of updating its virus database. It will also continue to scan. This may take some time.
- After scanning is complete, restart your computer to verify that Malwarebytes doesn’t open windows in Windows 10/7.
Change to another user’s account
Malwarebytes may not be able to open Windows 10 if you use a corrupt account. To continue using all the features, you can create a brand new account. For this, follow the steps below:
- First, press WINDOWS+R to open the run dialog box.
- Next, type “cmd” in the dialogue box and then press CTRL + Shift + Enter to open the admin command prompt.
- Enter Control Userpassword2 then hit ‘enter to navigate to the user’s account.
- Follow the prompts on the screen by clicking on “add”
- To create a non-Microsoft account, you must choose to sign in with a non-Microsoft account.
- Select the following -> local account in the next window. To proceed, fill in any additional information like name and password.
- After you have created a user account successfully, return to the command prompt and type shutdown -L to log out of your existing account.
- Log in to your account, and verify that Malwarebytes is working without problems.
Use Malwarebytes Chameleon
Follow the instructions below.
- Start by downloading Malwarebytes Chameleon. Select a folder and then unzip the program.
- Now, open the SHM hello file. Follow the instructions on the screen.
If Malwarebytes fails to open after following the instructions, you can open malicious bytes in safe mode. To scan infected applications in the background, it is sufficient to run Malwarebytes antimalware only once.
Use safe mode to launch Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes might launch in safe mode. After it is found running in safe mode you can run a scan to identify and remove malicious files that may be preventing it from opening in the other direction. Follow these steps to use it in safe mode:
- First, press WINDOW+R to open the run dialog box.
- Enter “MSConfig” in the blank dialogue box, and then press OK.
- In the next screen, select ‘boot’.
- Select the safe mode from the Boot tab.
- Click OK in the Safe Mode Network and then click Restart to start the safe mode.
After you have entered the safe mode, proceed to the next steps as described below.
- First, open Malwarebytes Antimalware.
- Do a complete system scan.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.
Malwarebytes can still be opened in safe mode. This is the best and easiest way to get Malwarebytes software back up.
To eliminate any threats or corrupt potentials, make sure you only reinstall the software from their official website. If you are using a licensed version, we recommend that you create a backup. It is a good idea to use a free version.
To re-install your computer, follow these steps:
- The control panel is accessible from Windows by clicking the bar.
- Select ‘Uninstall a Program from the Open Window.
- Locate Malwarebytes version XXXX, right-click on it, and choose ‘Uninstall’
- After the software has been uninstalled, go to the official website to download Malwarebytes Antimalware software.
- Run the program to scan your computer for viruses.
Run for administrator
Some third-party apps may not be able to launch if you don’t have administrator access. Follow these steps to run the software as an administrator
- Open Malwarebytes.
- Locate mbam.exe and right-click it to select “Run as administrator”.
- If the computer starts to run, you will know that it is solved.
These steps will allow you to gain permanent admin access:
- Right-click on mbam.exe to open properties.