Quickbooks file doctor is the only savior of Quickbooks users out there. It provides several benefits that will work on eradicating the issue. Many businessmen use the tool to tackle various errors occurring in Quickbooks software. But, sometimes, the only hope of the users vanishes when the tool itself becomes corrupted and stops working. Many of you might encounter this problem in your system.
Well, the error occurred with the text that states “File Doctor stopped working.” You may think there would be no possible solutions left for troubleshooting the issue. If you have this thought then it is wrong because there is nothing that we cannot do. Every task can be done easily when tackled with intelligence and care. So, let’s proceed below and learn how you can fix the issue related to the Quickbooks file doctor by getting into reasons and troubleshooting.
Causes of File Doctor has Stopped Working
Well, there are lots of reasons that make the error appear on the device. You can get into the list below to know each one of them.
- When the user tries to open the incorporated files.
- Involving in activities like file updates.
- The user neglects some of the relevant files during the installation process.
- Some files get missing, corrupted, and misplaced.
- Restoring files prove to be a failure.
- Converting the old version of Quickbooks brings an error into your system.
So, these are all the causes that make this error appear. You can now conduct the troubleshooting by moving directly into the next section.
Resolve Quickbooks File Doctor Stopped Working
In order to troubleshoot the issue, the user needs to perform some solutions. Here are some of the best solutions that you can conduct on your own without any support.
Solution 1: Restore Backup of QBW file
- The user needs to first create a backup for the damaged files.
- Now, try to access the software.
- Go to the File menu and then choose Open or Restore Company.
- After that, you need to choose Open or Restore a Backup Copy.
- Hit next.
- Move towards the Local Backup and hit Next.
- You will encounter a drop-down. Try to browse and choose the location of the backup file.
- Choose the file with the .QBB extension.
- Hit open and then choose next.
- You will see a drop-down menu, from there choose the place or folder where you want to restore the files.
- Ensure to provide the name of this file in the name field.
- After that, a “Save As” box will come up related to the .QBW file.
- You need to hit the Save button now and complete the further procedure.
Check the status of the file doctor tool, if it is not fixed yet then move towards the next solution.
Solution 2: Manually Open File Doctor
- The user first opens the Quickbooks application.
- Then, move towards the No Company Open window. It should be opened on your system.
- After that, go to the File, select Utilities.
- Click on the option named Repair File and Network Problems.
- When the dialog box pops up, just select the OK tab.
- The file doctor will automatically reboot Quickbooks along with the administration rights.
- Thereafter, choose the yes option when it appears on the dialog box.
- Open the doctor tool by tapping on the wrench icon.
- Then, hit the Continue button.
- Log in to the file by providing all the essential credentials.
- The tool will start to detect and repair the file.
- Click on the File Diagnosis Only shown under the Advanced Settings.
- Hit Next.
- Make sure to access the file and examine the issues.
Solution 3: Disable Hosting Mode and Configure Antivirus Software
The user needs to disable the hosting mode of the system and ensure that the tool is running smoothly on the device. This solution will surely help you in resolving the issue, just follow each step carefully and modify the settings related to Firewall Security software. Well, we are using an instance of McAfee antivirus so that you can understand better.
- The user needs to first access the McAfee software.
- Hit the tab named Web & Email Protection.
- Just move towards the Firewall.
- Select Ports and System Services.
- Moving on, tap on Add button.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Services Name and enter eMule under it.
- Enter TCP data under TCP/IP ports.
- Again, enter the TCP data for UDP port.
- Now, just select All PCs under Open ports.
- In the last, just hit Save and start your system again.
You may also read: Repair QuickBooks Desktop for Windows Like a Pro [Guide]
So, these are all the solutions that will help you in eradicating the File doctor issue. You can conduct any of the solutions given below. Make sure to contact the Quickbooks technical support team if you find any other hindrances in conducting the solutions. The team would be really happy to help you.