Python has become very famous all over the world and coding language mostly recommended and used according to the market survey and technological trends.
So let’s see the two Python frameworks that are Django and Flask. According to the IT field, we can see that both Django and Flask can be used in various applications like Instagram, Spotify, Facebook, and others. Also, Django and Flask framework is used in Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Web Development, and others.
So we will see what exactly are Django and Flask framework
What is Django?
It was created by two developers who are working in a Newspaper agency in the year 2003 and launched in 2005. It is a full-stack framework and an open-source framework. Django has maintained its place since 2008 all along by the Django Software Foundation. According to the survey, many developers and programmers’ first choice of preference is Django.
The main objective of Django is to promote the creation of complex websites based on databases. The system emphasizes reusability and “pluggability” less code, low coupling, fast growth and don’t repeat yourself theory. Even for files and data models.
The setup framework of Django allows the plug-in of third-party code into a standard project if the program is reusable. The original system behavior is improved by more than 2,500 packages, providing solutions for problems which did not address by the original tool: registration, scan, provision of and consumption of APIs, CMS, etc.
However, the internal component dependencies mitigate this extensibility. Whilst the philosophy of Django includes a free connection, model philters and tags take the one-engine implementation and the internal ORM is required for the authentication and administrative bundled applications. No such philters or bundled applications are obligatory for the operation of a Django project, but reusable applications appear to rely on them, allowing the development company to continue using the official stack to benefit from the ecosystem applications.
Attributes of Django
- Web server for development and testing lightweight and autonomous
- A serial and validation device form that can convert between HTML forms and storage values into the database.
- A template system which uses the concept of an object-oriented programming inheritance
- A database architecture with several cache methods
- Middleware class help, which can interfere and perform customized functions at different stages of the request processing
- An internal dispatcher framework that allows application components to transmit events to each other by means of predefined signals
- An internationalization scheme, including the translation into different languages of Django’s own components
- A system of serialization which is able to generate and read Django model XML and/or JSON representations
- A framework to broaden the template engine capabilities
- Python’s integrated unit evaluation system interface
Python is used in the process. Django offers an administrative interface, which is dynamically generated and configured by administrative templates, which can be created, read, modified, and deleted optionally. Even Google, NASA, YouTube, and others are the ones who use Django. With the help of Django, you can build powerful applications speedily. Django characteristics that make it easy to use and speedily develop an app because of
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to debug
- Pragmatic designs
- Anti redundancy approach i.e. no repeat is allowed
What is Flask?
Flask was founded in the year 2010. Flak is a portable solution due to micro framework.
Flask is based on
- Werkzeug (utility library)
- Jinja 2 (template engine)
Flask is easy to learn and you can start with ease as a beginner. Flask in Python is a micro-web framework. It is known as a micro-framework because no special tools or libraries are needed. There is no abstraction layer, type validation, or other components in the database that allows common functions from the current third-party libraries. Flask supports extensions that can add application functions as if they were implemented on Flask. Extension, form validation, upload processing, different open authentication technologies and other common resources are provided for object-relation mappers.
Pinterest and LinkedIn are the applications developed using Flask.
Attributes of Flask
- Server and debugger development
- Integrated unit test support
- Dispatching RESTful request
- Use models for Jinja
- Stable cookie help (customer server sessions)
- Conforms to 100% WSGI 1.0
- Wide literature.
- Compatibility of Google App Engine
- Available extensions to boost functionality
Comparison with respect to Flexibility
Flask has features like
- URL routing
- Support Unit Testing
- Error Handling
But the only thing lacking with Flask is authentication and Object Relational Mapping (ORM). Depending on the user outlook, Flask pros and cons can be weighed.
But with Django which comes with many predefined functions like ORM and others can be used.
Comparison with respect to Database
Django has predefined ORM which is useful for supporting many relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
Flask do not have any predefined database, so it is popular with the team where database are not required like NoSQL.
Comparison with respect to Security
Predefined functionalities are part of Flask. With respect to security Flask covers cookies, but we need to care of other aspect like authentication, authorization and password caching. But security also depends on the third-party solutions.
Django provides total protection, which gives you complete security. But if we are using a huge code base they need to cover large areas for security purpose.
If you are using Django or Flask both have concern regarding security issues.
With the above comparison, you might get a clear picture of when and where you can use Django and Flask and their pros and cons. If you want to learn more details in Django and Flask then join Python Online Training at 3RI Technologies.